American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) is the largest forest consulting and real estate brokerage firm in the United States. AFM currently manages over 6.5 million acres of privately owned timberland and has sold over $3.2 billion in real estate transactions. With over 300 employees operating from 49 offices located in 16 states, AFM’s team of professionals are focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services including land and wildlife management, land sale and acquisition services, forest inventory and design, growth and yield modeling, cash flow projections, environmental services, appraisal, forest resource data management and harvest scheduling.
Our small regionally dispersed offices allow us to provide individualized services, and our large overall size allows us to coordinate teams of foresters and technical specialists for large, complex jobs.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
· Prepares budgets, annual operating plans, forecasts, and reports for TIMO and NIPF clients.
· Oversees the management of contractors in the implementation of forest operations
· Oversees the delivered log and stumpage program in the District
· Oversees silvicultural planning and operations in the District
· Manages contract negotiation for management operations
· Participates in industry meetings and co-ops
· Assures compliance with Sustainable Forestry Initiative certification
· Develops forestry consulting projects and preparing proposals
· Manages 5+ person team for compliance with Company mission, vision, core values and policies.
· Manages team performance and safety program.
· Prepares internal AFM District budget, monthly reports, and projections
· Other tasks as assigned by the Region Manager
· 5+ years of forestry experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry or closely related field
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong listening capabilities with the ability to translate communications into appropriate course of action
· Ability to manage multiple projects under strict time constraints
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced work environment
· Proficiency in basic computer programs such as MS Word and Excel
· Ability to work within a team environment
Salary and Benefits:
· Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
· Salary position paid semi-monthly
· 9 paid holidays
· Paid vacation schedule
· Company assigned vehicle
· Healthcare and disability plan
· 401 (K) retirement plan
· Eligible for annual and new business bonus plans
To apply, please go to: http://atsod.com/j/s.cfm/12ZE