The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood biomass solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of wood pellets, which provide a low carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland with operational headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina. The company owns and operates manufacturing facilities in Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. Each location is home to a team of experts dedicated to managing safety, quality, and reliability while ensuring a seamless supply of renewable products that exceed customers’ expectations around the globe.
At Enviva, we value our people, our forests, and our communities. Together, we serve our customers with the professionalism of a global leader and the entrepreneurial spirit of a company that is redefining the future of renewable energy today.
Join us—and join a team with purpose.
Intern Will Learn and Be Exposed To:
- Environmental Social Governance (ESG) reporting and corporate sustainability analysis
- Requirements and frameworks for voluntary disclosure (ex. GHG Protocol, GRI, SASB)
- Defining Enviva's operational boundaries
- Developing a plan for construction material inventories, including GHG emissions, for the year 2018 that meet disclosure requirements
- Presenting findings to relevant groups and providing recommendations for setting reduction targets
- Masters in Environmental Management, Forestry, or related field preferred, Bachelors required
- Experience in sustainability reporting, emissions analysis, and data management
- Demonstrated interest in corporate sustainability, renewable energy and sustainable forestry
- Familiarity with voluntary disclosure frameworks and relevant ESG groups, particularly for corporate GHG emissions
Enviva is an equal opportunity employer.