CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, is seeking a full-time Planner for our Cary, NC office. This entry level Planner will provide assistance on a variety of planning services for the planning group. The most frequent and essential work activities include:
- Complete tasks associated with the preparation of NEPA/SEPA documents (Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements).
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports and other documents supporting the NEPA/SEPA document, including Community Impacts Assessments and Indirect and Cumulative Effects reports.
- Assist with public involvement activities including the preparation of newsletters, presentations and other public meeting materials.
- Assist in business development and marketing efforts.
- Complete research and data collection, including field surveys.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations, public involvement materials and meeting summaries.
- Maintain effective and successful communication with team, co-workers and clients.
- Complete project tasks within deadlines and budgets.
Prerequisites for employment include:
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, civil engineering, urban and regional planning, environmental sciences, natural resource policy, geography or other related field
- 0-3 years directly related professional work experience including experience with environmental studies/NEPA preferred
- NCDOT project experience a plus
- Excellent writing skills
- Required experience with:
- Preferred experience with:
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license prior to employment-preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Work will primarily be in the office setting with limited opportunities to be exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Work will be primarily working with fingers by picking, pinching, typing and grasping often with repetitive motion.
- Must have visual acuity for viewing a computer screen, the ability to talk, hear and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
For 26 years, CALYX has developed a reputation for providing quality services in the areas of site and civil engineering, building structure design, land surveying, roadway and structure design, subsurface utility engineering, construction engineering inspection, transportation planning, traffic services, water resources, cultural resources, and environmental services. CALYX is an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm (national and Southeast) and ranked #26 in the Zweig Group's ""Hot"" 100 Firms (U.S. and Canada). We are your proven partner, ready to assist you with your most ambitious plans.
CALYX IS NOW AN NV5 COMPANY
NV5 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, real estate and environmental markets. With a 70-year history and 2,200 employees, NV5 operates out of more than 100 locations nationwide and abroad in Macau, Hong Kong, and the UAE. NV5 is an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm and Zweig Group’s #1 Hot Firm. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.NV5.com.
CALYX NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefit package.
CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.