This position will be responsible for the management of generation and native load requirements of any participating member or client. This position will be accountable for generation and load scheduling, demand side management, transmission purchases, energy transactions, market interaction, hourly sales of member’s generation or contract resources and purchasing as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Candidate will be required to work rotating shift to provide 24-hour coverage of the business as well as participation in daily trading floor operations.
- Gain understanding of industry practices and entities, as well as Market Structure of ISO/RTO’s, as applicable.
Responsible for filling native load requirements for participating members.
Manage market of generation or contract resources for participating Members and Clients.
- Manages market exposure with regards to open book positions.
- Handle market and/or reliability communications between Reliability Entities and Generation Plants or Member Operators.
- Accurately input data into ACES’ software systems.
- Optimize basic generation by utilizing economic decision making abilities.
- Coordination of Demand Side Management activities.
- Assists in the gathering of power marketing intelligence.
- Interface and manage requests and projects involving ACES Members and Clients and various ACES departments, including Traders, Portfolio Strategy, Portfolio Modeling, Information Technology, Settlements, Regulatory and
- other departments.
- Monitors market conditions and analyzes transactions to help identify and execute energy trades.
- Manages optimization opportunities of client portfolios.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills and ability to build business relationships with other companies.
- Ability to travel.
- Adheres to and is supportive of all ACES corporate policies and complies with all regulatory requirements including but not limited to NERC, FERC and relevant state regulations as applicable to the position.
- Any additional responsibilities assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field or an Associate’s degree with applicable power trading experience from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
- Previous business experience preferred to include price negotiation, data analysis and customer service.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computers, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Competence with mathematics and technical concepts.
- High degree of analytical, attention to detail and organization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and familiarity with ACES systems.
- Application and use of critical thinking skills.