Title: 3351875 - Commercial Leadership Program (CLP) - GE Power/Renewable Energy (2020)
Business: GE Power
Location: Schenectady, NY
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
The GE Power/Renewable Energy Commercial Leadership Program (CLP) is the premier program for developing entry-level talent into future commercial leaders. This challenging two-year rotational program is focused on the accelerated development of sales talent at GE. CLP offers a core curriculum that fosters the development of commercial skills and techniques that are critical to success in all GE businesses.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
· Minimum of 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale
Additional Eligibility Requirement - GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
To be considered for an interview you MUST ALSO apply through our website:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Power Systems, Systems or Industrial Engineering
· Demonstrated sales / people skills and/or aptitude
· Demonstrated interest in sales and the energy industry
· The candidate must possess solid communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Self-starter-ability to work independently, after proper training
· Interest in sales
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Able to coordinate many tasks concurrently
· Internship or co-op experience
· Minimum of 1 year of work experience in sales and/or the power generation business
As a Commerical Leadership Program - CLP member, you will accelerate the growth and development of exceptional talent through a dynamic sales curriculum that promotes the specialized knowledge and skills inherent to GE’s future sales leaders. You will leverage GE’s boundaryless selling environment; offering a framework where members can harness their outstanding communication, leadership, and technical skills. As a member, you will develop and demonstrate an understanding of quality customer partnerships. You will partake in three to four six-month rotational assignments advanced sales training, business and leadership courses, mentoring and career planning during two years.
As a Member of the Commercial Leadership Program, you will:
· Reach beyond the simple selling of products and services, master the ability to provide
wingtowing solutions and add value to both GE and its customers
· Develop the competitive proposals and strategies, including risk mitigation and compliance, to
support the sales team in the region
· Understand local market dynamics
· Identify and manage the commercial risks across the project scope
· Be responsible for contract management, proposal development, risk and mitigation
· Participate in personal world-class training – online, hands-on, and in the classroom
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.