We are hiring:
Co-ops / Interns at multiple U.S. Pulp & Paper Manufacturing Facilities for Process, Reliability, Process Control, Project, Environmental Engineering and Health & Safety Roles
• Students currently pursuing B.S. degrees preferred. Cumulative GPA minimum of 2.8, demonstrated via current transcripts.
• Desired Engineering majors: Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Paper Science, and Environmental Engineering, AND Occupational Safety or Industrial Hygiene.
• Strong desire to work in a heavy manufacturing setting
• High regard for safety in the workplace and influencing others to work safely
• Able to learn on the fly, adapt in a highly dynamic environment, and effectively cope with and manage change
• Highly motivated, self-starter, results-driven individual who can also perform well in a team setting
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including active listening
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills (prior jobs, student associations, projects, etc.)
• Eager to develop and hone skills necessary for career success
• Comfort with all levels of employees including operators, engineers, contractors, and management
• Locations are primarily in, but not limited to, the southeastern / southern United States, mostly in rural areas
• A source of reliable transportation is required.
• Open to relocation now and in the future
Responsibilities vary by location and department; examples may include the following:
Owning specific value-added projects for the mill
Work in teams on optimization or cost reduction projects
Learn systems and tools for collecting and analyzing data
Determine if this industry & company are a fit for the individual
International Paper is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law