International Paper is the world's largest paper and forest products company. Primary businesses include paper, packaging and forest products for a variety of end uses. IP is a fortune 500 Company with operations around the globe.
We are seeking an engineering intern for summer 2020. The intern will:
- Help with our Corporate 5 S initiatives
- Provide support and develop job evaluation programs.
- Find ways to eliminate or minimize waste.
- Implement efficient systems that integrate employees and machines for making boxes.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an engineering major (industrial or environmental preferred)
- Have experience with Auto CAD, MS Office, and other planning tools
- Have the ability to work independently
- Have strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate critical and creative thinking skills
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills
This internship is part of NC State’s Rural Works! Program. The Rural Works! internship program supports NC State’s commitment to social, economic, and technological development across North Carolina by offering an engaging internship experience for high-caliber students who work with employers to achieve their workplace goals in rural counties–places with vibrant histories, tremendous opportunities, but significant challenges.
As part of the Rural Works! program, interns receive professional development coaching and support from the Rural Works! Coordinator throughout their internship experience. Upon completion of the internship, participants have the opportunity to attend career readiness workshops providing them with strategies for articulating their internship experience on their resume and during interviews
Rural Works! interns must attend an orientation training session on April 18, 2020 and complete 8 hours of community service during the summer. If you have any questions, please contact Rebekah Dunstan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-515-1575