ICL is a global leader in the Bromine, Potash, Phosphates and Innovative Ag Solutions markets. More than 11,000 talented employees across 30 countries in 5 continents work tirelessly to support humanity’s most crucial needs. Our employees are helping to feed the world’s growing population and provide better and safer industrial solutions that improve quality of life and even save lives.
ICL is a major manufacturer of specialty fertilizers such as Osmocote®, Peters®, Agorocote®, Agroblen®, Agriform®, Agrolution® and other products for specialty agriculture, professional turf and ornamental markets as well as specialty phosphates and water treatment solutions.
Location: This position will spend a minimum of 3 weeks in the Charleston, South Carolina area with the remaining time spent in the field.
The Summerville and North Charleston fertilizer coating plants provide some of the latest and best controlled technology for Ornamental markets in the Americas. These facilities also house North American R&D, Marketing, Finance and Operations teams.
Semester Offered: Summer 2020. This paid position will be scheduled for 10-12 weeks (full-time) during the summer vacation period.
Scope: The successful applicant will be immersed in numerous areas of business within ICL Specialty Fertilizers, a leading manufacturer of plant nutrient products for professional. They will assist with a variety of projects in product development, improvement, production, and promotion, as well as customer communications and sales initiatives. This position will provide the opportunity to interact with some of the variety of professionals throughout the business including Sales, Marketing, Communications, Technical Service, Research, Operations, and corporate support personnel.
- Identify opportunities to develop and coordinate projects to improve product sheets, sales collateral, and web content
- Shadow and assist Marketing, Communications, Production, and Customer Service professionals as well as Territory Managers in the field (AL, TN, GA, FL, SC, NC)
- Assist with new product development and improvements as well as collect and assess trial data
- Performing on-site testing (EC, pH), collecting samples for nutrient analysis, judging plant response to fertilizer treatments
- Present assigned topic at end of term to the T&O Management Team
â¢Completed sophomore year in college
â¢Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization
â¢Highly motivated and eager to learn
â¢PC literate; able to successfully work within Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
â¢Able to lift at least 50 pounds
â¢Valid driverâs license and proven safe driving record
â¢Ability and willingness to travel overnight