Job Responsibilities Included:
· Manage daily assignments and priorities from the grower and other team members to maintain top health and quality of plants in your assigned area.
· Learn and accurately identify irrigation and nutritional needs of various crops and carry out watering and fertilizing as needed.
· Apply chemical pesticides and growth regulators as directed by the grower and in accordance with OSHA and company safety procedures.
· Assess plant health daily to identify and report any disease, insect problem or abnormalities
· Work with growers and the rest of our great team to identify new ways to improve processes in the areas of logistics, placement, etc. Test and document new methods.
· Care and upkeep of the physical greenhouse, including walkways and work areas each day.
· Support other departments and managers. Working as a team to accomplish a common goal will bring you closer to all and help us achieve our goals.
Multiple Work Schedules are available including day, evening and weekend shifts.
Scheduling flexibility for overtime and weekends is required to meet the needs of the job.
basic science and math concepts is required
â¢ Greenhouse, nursery or agricultural experience is preferred
â¢ Must be able to work in all weather conditions around soil and plants
â¢ Able to work in a fast-paced environment
â¢ Flexible work schedule including overtime and some weekends
â¢ Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
â¢ Able to work on your feet for extended periods
â¢ Strong team and communication skills
â¢ High attention to detail and organization