CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, is seeking an environmental project manager for our Cary, NC office. The environmental project manager will provide technical expertise, assistance, and project management associated with environmental services projects. The individual should be able to demonstrate project management experience and the ability to successfully manage project from beginning to end. The most frequent and essential work activities include:
- Supervise and assist with field investigations and data interpretation.
- Assist in training junior staff.
- Responsible for completing and overseeing natural resource related projects including wetland delineations, stream determinations, permitting, and protected species surveys.
- Supervise and assist with the completion of technical reports.
- Communicate between staff, managers, agency personnel, and clients.
- Complete project tasks within deadlines and budgets.
- Develop scopes of work and fee estimates; manage project budgets and coordinate project billing.
Prerequisites for employment include:
- BS degree in biology, botany, ecology, wildlife or similar field
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working with natural resource related projects
- Excellent writing skills and ability to interpret and present field data in technical reports
- Experience and positive relationships with regulatory agencies
- Experience with preparing/procuring CWA Section 404/401 Permits and State Buffer Authorizations
- Willingness to assist other environmental services staff with varying project work including bat-related projects (mist netting, acoustics, structure checks), aquatic (fish, mussel, etc) surveys, mitigation site management, and formal ESA Section 7 consultations
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite), strong knowledge of Trimble GPS and GIS
- Experience with transportation-related projects, particularly, NCDOT projects, preferred
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license prior to employment
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- This position will be subject to outside environmental conditions, including weather conditions such as wet and /or humid environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work environments.
- Some work will be in the field involving long term standing and frequent walking as well as include common hazards at project sites.
- Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to wade in water, walk over rough and uneven terrain and be able to walk and/or stand up to 10-12 hours a day on occasion.
- Must have the ability to see, smell, hear, talk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and twist, crouch, crawl, reach, grasp, sit, stand, and walk.
- Weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel will be required.
- Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
To apply for this position, please visit https://careers-nv5.icims.com/jobs.
For 26 years, CALYX has developed a reputation for providing quality services in the areas of site and civil engineering, building structure design, land surveying, roadway and structure design, subsurface utility engineering, construction engineering inspection, transportation planning, traffic services, water resources, cultural resources, and environmental services. CALYX is an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm (national and Southeast) and ranked #26 in the Zweig Group's ""Hot"" 100 Firms (U.S. and Canada). We are your proven partner, ready to assist you with your most ambitious plans.
CALYX IS NOW AN NV5 COMPANY
NV5 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, real estate and environmental markets. With a 70-year history and 2,200 employees, NV5 operates out of more than 100 locations nationwide and abroad in Macau, Hong Kong, and the UAE. NV5 is an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm and Zweig Group’s #1 Hot Firm. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.NV5.com.
CALYX NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefit package.
CALYX Engineers and Consultants, an NV5 company, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.