JOur Company: North Carolina FC Youth is home to more than 13,500 players and their families. NCFC Youth coaches, and supporters extend this network to hundreds of more individuals and corporate entities. Established in 1974, our non-profit organization, in collaboration with the professional North Carolina Football Club, is the largest youth-to-professional club in country. Frequently recognized as an innovative leader in full service soccer programming, our mission is to provide positive, high quality soccer opportunities at all levels of play for youth and their families and to serve as a valuable community partner.
The Position: Reporting to the Marketing and Digital Strategy Manager, the Social Media and Content Creation Intern is expected to assist in the planning and execution of weekly projects and social media and content management, in support of NCFC Youth’s overall marketing strategy.
• Support marketing and sponsorship campaign execution across social platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok
• Identify social media trends relevant to our brand and audience that will help enhance engagement and reach
• Lead and track sponsorship fulfillment campaigns, ie. Subway Team, StatSports Performance of the Month
• Create and execute stories featuring players, teams, coaches, etc. that highlight NCFC Youth’s core values to publish on social media channels, website, etc.
• Serve as a contributing writer to weekly club newsletter
• Design promotional graphics and video used for social media and website using Adobe Suite
• Assist with promotional efforts including print, digital, social and grassroots marketing campaigns
• Assist with photo/video coverage of Fall programming to be used on social media and future marketing efforts
• Other duties as assigned
• Adobe Creative Suite experience
• Social media experience across all main platforms
• Photography/videography and editing experience
• This position is designed for current college students looking for an internship type environment to progress their studies.
•Experience working in soccer, coaching soccer, and/or playing soccer a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
Job Type Requirements:
· This internship is an hourly nonexempt paid position
· This internship requires an average of 20hr/week mid-September through November 31; 15 hours dedicated to the office and 5 hours on the field at practices/games/tournaments to capture content.
· The traditional work hours for this job are combined office hours during the day along with some evening and weekend hours on the field.
Work Environment/Travel/Physical Demands:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· Some of this person’s job is conducted in the office, but regularly, work will require this employee to attend outdoor youth sporting events during the summer, including extreme temperatures and inclement weather, to fulfill job responsibilities and event support
· Physical demands: bending, sitting, lifting, and event set-up
· Requires a background check upon offer
Affirmative Action Plan/Equal Employer Opportunity:
· NCFC Youth provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
· This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.