Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Are you ready to shape the future of sustainable energy?
Our Power+ Graduate Program aims to jumpstart your career with a truly unique journey that will take you across the USA to three 6-month long work assignments before rolling off into a permanent position. While you are a full-time, permanent member of our team, each assignment will be within a different segment of our business and provides deep, experiential learning opportunities within different engineering segments. Along the way, we’ll provide you continuous career support with career development curriculum and coaching. Our program is perfect for you if you are looking to fast-track your leadership potential and gain a well-rounded business acumen that will enable you to find the perfect, long-term position within our organization. Join us!
Some of our major locations for a rotation include Raleigh, NC; Atlanta, GA; Houston, TX; San Jose, CA; Broomfield, CO; Jefferson City, MO; Crystal Springs, MS; South Boston, VA; Bland, VA; Alamo, TN; Mount Pleasant, PA and more.
- Work with purpose - We keep the lights on, the factories running, our hospitals and schools open. Your work will contribute to our mission to deliver a stronger, smarter, and greener grid.
- Think big - We solve seemingly impossible engineering problems; pushing boundaries, breaking records and never giving up. You will think outside the box and create solutions that will have a direct impact.
- Power your career - We operate on global teams that support and encourage career growth. You will work on projects that broaden your skillset and participate in professional development activities.
- Collaborate - We believe in a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Innovation. You will work in a collaborative environment that encourages all voices to share their unique perspectives and fuel innovation.
- Learn about the relevant business or product line within your rotation
- Take ownership of and complete engaging projects within the rotation timeframe
- Engage with supervisors and mentors to develop your technical and leadership skills
- Examples of rotations include application engineering, research & development, project management, design engineering, process engineering, supply chain, production supervisor, software development and engineering, business development, operations, technical sales and marketing and more!
- Willing to relocate for 3 rotations across the USA – relocation assistance is provided
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university program in the USA and graduating by June 2022
- Majors include electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, computer engineering, computer science
- At the time of accepting a verbal offer, candidates must already have a permanent work authorization that allows them to begin work full time for Hitachi ABB Power Grids in the United States, on the agreed upon start date
- This position is not eligible for sponsorship
- Interest in the energy and/or manufacturing sector(s)
- Self-starter that seeks knowledge outside of the classroom
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Hitachi ABB Power Grids is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi ABB Power Grids career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi ABB Power Grids HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.