Landscape Maintenance Crew Member
Summary: The primary purpose of the Maintenance Crew Member is to perform landscape maintenance tasks in a safe manner under the supervision of a Landscape Maintenance Crew Leader, in accordance with Yard-Nique's high quality and customer service standards.
· Perform assigned property maintenance contract requirements in a timely manner, according to maintenance production levels, customer service standards, and supervisory instruction on a daily basis
· Understand and comply with company safety policies and procedures at all times
· Properly and safely operate hand tools and maintenance equipment, including ride-on, walk-behind and push mowers; edgers, trimmers, pruning tools, blowers, thatchers, overseeders, etc.
· Mow properties weekly; edge properties, including hard scapes and beds; weed and water all flower beds and turf, and cut down weeds as appropriate
· Apply fertilizers and pest control techniques properly and timely, as appropriate
· Prune shrubs with assistance, as needed from detail crew
· Report any damaged trees or missing plant material
· Perform basic level preventative maintenance on equipment such as checking fluid levels, tire pressure, blades, etc. to ensure safe operation
· Accurately report time worked according to time reporting procedures
· Interact with other crew members, supervisors and company personnel in a professional and courteous manner
· Work all assigned hours
· Adhere to appropriate dress and conduct expectations
Skills & Qualifications:
Proficiency using landscape maintenance tools and techniques
Safety consciousness and Integrity
Effective Communication and Teamwork
· 6 months experience performing landscaping or related tasks
· Ability to proficiently follow safety procedures and supervisory instructions
· Ability to handle the work load and physical demands of the job
· Interact and communicate with others in a professional and courteous manner
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to strenuous work in adverse weather conditions, as well as exposure to dirt, water, chemicals, noise, etc.
Physical Demands The duties of this job require:
Using upper and lower body to work in various positions including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, squatting, and walking for extended periods of time
Reaching over head with hands and arm to hold, climb or balance
Using hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
Lifting, pulling and pushing materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds regularly and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
Travel: Crew members travel from main operations building to job sites in company truck and back on a daily basis.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, based on business need.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
· Landscaping – 1 year
Required license or certification:
· Driver’s License – (Preferred)