The Department of Emergency Preparedness and Strategic Initiatives (EPSI) is responsible for the planning and coordination of university services, from emergency planning, to life safety, insurance and strategic initiatives. Emergency Preparedness and Strategic Initiatives serves NC State with adaptive planning through problem solving and campus partnerships.
One of our teams, Fire and Life Safety, is looking for a student intern who is interested in all things fire, life safety, EMT and special events. This position would work with the following programs:
- Assist with fire code related building inspections
- Update AED and other life safety devices with ARC GIS software for Google map locations
- Identify and map building evacuation assembly points across campus, develop new postings for these locations
- Update building evacuation maps and general outreach postings
- Update accessibility programming for students in resident halls
This team is seeking an interested candidate who can help bridge fire and life safety programs on campus with new opportunities to educate our campus! Bring ideas on how to expand our programs (training is provided on the areas listed in the posting).
Organized and ready to take on new projects
Willingness to share improvement suggestions and implement new programs
Must be able to freely walk/move around campus and work in different buildings
Must be able to wear long pants as needed when completing certain tasks
Google Suite and Adobe skills a plus!