Historic Oak View County Park is a public park that is the site of a 19th century
farmstead. The park includes several historic buildings and structures, a visitor
center, and garden and orchard features. The site also has 2 picnic shelters, a fishing
pond, hiking trails, and farm animals (goats and chickens). The park is open daily
to visitors of all ages to enjoy the site’s cultural and natural history. Oak View’s
goals are to serve a diverse public as a site for meaningful community engagement,
thoughtful and honoring learning and reflection, and playful recreation.
Position Overview: Park Aide – Operations
Oak View is now advertising for a Park Aide–Operations (part-time). Park Aide–Operations employees work
up to 20 hours/week with some weekend work expected. Hiring Range is $9.00-$11.17/hour, commensurate
with educational background and job-related experience. Applicant will be required to complete a background
check prior to employment.
Primary duties of Park Aide – Operations:
• General Site Maintenance – Collect trash, clean buildings, and ensure the property is safe and clean for
• Basic Carpentry – Assist in structure repairs, exhibit construction, and other basic carpentry tasks
• Grounds Maintenance – Pull and spray weeds, trim hedges, string trim, and perform all other tasks
associated with grounds maintenance
• Agricultural Gardens – Help maintain a cotton field, vegetable garden, herb garden, pecan grove, and
• Livestock Care – Provide daily care of the parks' goats and chickens, including feeding, watering, and
all needed stall and coop cleaning
• Customer Service – Welcome visitors and provide information about the park. Weekends require work
at the front desk handling visitor questions, phone calls, and program registration
Job experience or education in fields of Parks and Recreation, Historic Preservation or Landscaping. Interest in
history, experience in agriculture, landscaping, or historic preservation a plus.
To apply, please submit a resume to Matt Southern, Assistant Park Manager of Operations, at
firstname.lastname@example.org (use the same email address for any job-related questions).