Jacobs Engineering is currently seeking a summer intern to work with its Energy and Power Solutions Group in Cary, NC. The Energy and Power Group specializes in complex energy and utility challenges focused on efficiency, resiliency and sustainability. We deliver sophisticated and unique utility infrastructure planning, design and construction solutions.
Energy & Power focus:
- Utility Master Planning
- Energy Audits
- Demand Side Management and Conservation
- District Energy and Central Plants
- Combined Heat and Power Planning and Design
- Electrical and Thermal Utility Distribution Infrastructure
- Renewable Energy and Sustainability Planning
- Strategic Energy Planning
Job responsibilities include:
- Learn to apply various engineering principles working under senior and mid-level energy and power engineers.
- Work with design teams to assist in the development of utility plants, district energy systems and various infrastructure projects for colleges, government agencies and private corporations.
- Utilize engineering design software to size equipment, develop models and run various engineering calculations.
- Conduct site visits to identify system deficiencies and propose engineering solutions. Document observations, perform data analysis and develop reports from observations/findings.
- Conduct energy audits to identify potential energy savings measures or new technologies for client implementation. This includes financial analysis and energy saving calculations on recommending equipment measures and evaluating return on investment.
- Assist with coordination, planning and design of multi-million dollar projects from conception though final design and into construction.
- Travel up to 20%.
- Working Knowledge of MS Office suite required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines .
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prior energy engineering work experience a plus.
- Prior experience with AutoCAD, Revit, Trane Trace or Carrier HAP a plus.
- US citizenship required.