Job Description - Business Development Manager
Who we are:
Surety Systems, Inc. is celebrating its 19th year in business. Though we are headquartered in Raleigh, NC, we do business in 20+ states with 150+ clients each year. We specialize in ERP, HCM and CRM consulting for a range of different technologies. Our clients depend on us to provide the best of the best for their complex projects, and that's where you come in...
We’re on the hunt for a Business Development Manager to join our growing biz dev team. This position is a collaborative role, where you will work our practice group leaders and recruitment team to meet client needs. Bring some hustle and the sky is the limit.
We’re looking for someone who can:
Write, Listen, Ask Questions
Your territory will consist of organizations that are already identified as running a specific enterprise software system. Your primary tool for contact will be email. You’ll need to be a good writer as customized emails are an important piece of this role. Understanding client needs means knowing what questions to ask… you’ll be trained on that of course, but a detailed person that knows how to ask good questions is preferred!
Talk Data To Me
This person will have an in-depth understanding of how to move around in Salesforce or other CRM systems. Keeping your clients and your territory organized in terms of data and communication is a key to success
Have A Way With Words
We’re looking for a witty person that is quick on their feet. You never know what the client may throw at you. Having an engaging personality that can confidently speak about why Surety Systems has been so successful is huge!
Details and Consistency
Our business development team puts a lot of emphasis on ensuring our potential clients receive the right information at the right time. Knowing what makes your prospects tick and timing your communication to them will be important. It will be crucial that you gain a deep understanding of your target market and how Surety’s unique model can help them crush their business goals. Persistence will be key!
The Cover Charge [What do you need to get in?]
- 1+ years of B2B sales experience (this can be during college, internships or out of college)
- Bachelor’s Degree is not required, but preferred
- Great personality + positive attitude with working through challenges is a must.
- Experience with CRM tools is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using social and digital tools for business
- Strong organizational and time management skills
The Details on Surety Systems
- Remote Work Policy (After initial training/onboarding, candidate will have the opportunity to work fully remote)
- Casual dress code when in the office (shorts and flip flops are a-ok!)
- Flex Time Policy (earn extra time off if you work over 40 hours/wk)
- Office Closed Christmas to New Year’s Day (Free PTO in addition to standard 14 days)
- Open Office Collaborative Environment
- Competitive Base Salary plus bonus
- Full Benefits Package + 4% 401k Match