Did you know that the State and National Park Service is turning 100 this year? (Check out this video by the National Park Service). To celebrate this amazing century of fun in the sun and outdoor adventures, CNR is packing the semester full of educational activities. We hope to see you at one of all of them. Check out the schedule of events below:
- October 31, 2016 – Join us in Witherspoon Cinema at 1:55pm for a screening of classic documentary The Plow that Broke the Plains and a discussion with NC State experts.
- November 1, 2016 – If you can’t make the October 31 event, join us in Witherspoon Cinema at 3pm for another screening of classic documentary The Plow that Broke the Plains and a discussion with NC State experts.
- November 3, 2016 -“Finding the Genius of the Place: A Symposium on the Next Century of Parks” will feature a panel of NC State and North Carolina parks experts discussing the next 100 years of the park system in 232A Withers Hall at 6:30pm.
- November 6, 2016 – Chamber Orchestra concert conducted by Peter Askim, Director of Orchestral Music, in Stewart Theater from 4-6pm. Get your tickets at the box office at Thompson Theater.
- November 14, 2016 – Join the College of Natural Resources for an Evening with John Muir beginning at 7:30pm in McKimmon Center. This family friendly event features Lee Stetson, a world famous re-creator of John Muir.
- November 21, 2016 – Come to 2203 SAS Hall at 7pm for a seminar with Jonathan Jarvis, the director of the U.S. National Park Service.
Are you a CNR student? Participate in the #CenturyofParksNCState social media contest!