The National Park Service and the North Carolina State Parks System are turning 100 this year, and we want to experience these natural gems from your point of view! Join the College of Natural Resources as we celebrate the centennial of national and North Carolina parks with our Instagram photo challenge.
Here’s how to enter:
- Follow @NCStateCNR on Instagram.
- Choose the best photos you’ve taken at North Carolina State Parks, National Parks or National Park Service Properties and upload them to Instagram.
- Tag the photos with #CenturyOfParksNCState and #NPS100.
- Set your account to public so that we can see your submissions and contact you.
The contest will run from August 22 through October 14. Make sure your entries are in by 8:59 p.m. EST each Friday for a chance to win prizes or be featured on our social channels. Up to five grand prize winners will be selected to win NC State swag. Read the official rules here.
As the committee selects winners, we’ll be looking for photos with:
- Natural features and landscapes
- Historical or cultural features
- People enjoying parks
- People performing professional or research activities in parks
All entries will be displayed before the Century of Parks Chamber Orchestra concert to be held on campus November 6, 2016. College of Natural Resources students who enter will have a special chance to be selected to be featured in a Century of Parks display in Biltmore Hall.
We can’t wait to celebrate the natural wonder of our national and state parks with you! Find more events celebrating the Century of Parks here. We hope to see you there.
Check out some of the amazing images that have been submitted so far in the gallery below and see the rest on Instagram!