We’re Hiring a Marketing and Social Media Intern
The College of Natural Resources is hiring a marketing and social media intern for the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters. The intern will be responsible for writing articles for the CNR News site, creating visual content for the college’s social media channels, and assisting with internal/external marketing duties. A full list of responsibilities is listed below.
- Write articles related to student and faculty awards as well as Q&A blogs about students and alumni for the CNR News site
- Attend events and take photos for social media posts, articles and other promotional materials
- Take photos of everyday life at the college for social media posts
- Create advertisements for the billboard displays in the college’s buildings
- Format and post monthly research grants and awards to the college’s internal resources site
- Other duties as assigned, including adding events to the college calendar
- Current undergraduate student at NC State University, preferably with some experience in marketing and communications and an interest in forestry, wildlife conservation, climate science, sustainability, outdoor recreation and related fields
- Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to communicate complex topics in clear language for non-technical audiences
- Must have writing experience for web articles and social media
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to meet short-term and long-term assignment deadlines
- Creative with the ability to identify and present article ideas during editorial meetings
- Familiarity with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Experience using a smartphone and DSLR camera for photography is required
- Must use your own phone and equipment for photography and videography
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) is required
- Experience with WordPress, Canva, Hootsuite and Photoshop isn’t required but welcomed
$10 per hour
Work will be performed remotely but occasional attendance at university- or college-sponsored events is required. The student should be available for at least one full year and able to work at least 10-15 hours per week. Hours are flexible to accommodate educational commitments. The anticipated start date is as soon as possible.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, a writing sample, at least two photography samples, and a cover letter describing their education and work experience to Andrew Moore at email@example.com.