LadanAbout Me

I’m a PhD student working with Dr. Aaron Hipp in Equitable and Sustainable Tourism. As a scholar, I’m concerned about the accessibility of tourism and travel for everyone and the way technology could improve this accessibility and enhance tourist experiences.
I am hoping to contribute to enhancing people’s quality of life, especially their mental health using emerging technologies.

Who has been most influential to you?

I was born in the popular tourism destination of Shiraz, Iran. I grew up in a family interested in travel and they paved the way for me to experience living among different communities with diverse cultures.

I was always interested in knowing more about human-environment technology interactions; my family and the social context of my life created this curiosity.

Professional Goal

My primary goal is to receive my certificate of accomplishment in teaching at NCSU since I have a passion for teaching and interacting with students. While doing that, I am improving my research skills to become a scholar in e-tourism. After school, I intend to work for tourism non-profit organizations/state parks/ museums and try to provide more enjoyable, educational, and healthier experiences for tourists and locals.

Previous Degrees and Where I Received these Degrees

M.A., Tourism and Hospitality Management and Marketing, Allameh Tabatabai University. Tehran, Iran.
“Words of Wisdom” for Prospective Students
Carpe diem (Seize the days) and keep smiling 😉 you’ll never get back to these days again.

My Leisure Interests

It is hard to pick favorites. I do music (play Iranian drum called Tonbak) and try to explore new places (natural and cultural) and I’ll go through phases of cooking new recipes at home. Also, I love to get outside and enjoy my days in a new environment and hanging out with nice people here.