Ray Person

About Me

• I am a M.S. student in the Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management, under the advisement of Dr. Jason Bocarro and Dr. Myron Floyd.
  • I was born and raised in Bryan, TX.
  • I have practical work experience in public parks and recreation (youth sports coordinator and program center supervisor) in addition to higher education, specifically in recruitment and outreach (senior program coordinator).
  • My research interests include race and ethnicity, diversity, career mobility, and higher education.

Who has been most influential to you?

First, my parents (Ray and Verdell Person), who both inspire me to exceed my own daily expectations. Second, my mentors (Corliss Outley, Danielle Harris, Kasandra Phillips, and Peter Witt), who all have invested in my personal and professional growth. And lastly, Lance Jackson who taught me the definition of servant leadership as a parks and recreation professional.

Professional Goal

I aspire to serve in a senior leadership position, preferably in a team setting that allows me to build relationships, motivate, and inspire youth as well as under-represented populations.

Previous Degrees and Where I Received these Degrees

Bachelor of Science in Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences from Texas A&M University.

“Words of Wisdom” for Prospective Students

“To whom much is given, much will be tested as well as required.” .

My Leisure Interests

Basketball, Running, Working Out, Traveling, and DC/Marvel movies