About Me

I am a PhD student working under Dr. Kyle Bunds on sport and sustainable development. I am a Brit having arrived in Raleigh from Chester, England where I had pursued a progressive career within the sport industry. During that time I held a number of different roles (both at delivery and strategic/management levels) across various settings including local government, national sports council and national governing body. My research interests are quite diverse ranging from the leisure behavior of immigrant populations to the effectiveness of sport-based CSR initiatives.

Who has been most influential to you?

My wife for supporting me 100% in pursuing my dreams.

Professional Goal

To work as faculty with a remit around sport/leisure studies. Furthermore, it is a passion of mine to help develop and prepare the next generation of students for success in the sport industry.

Previous Degrees and Where I Received these Degrees

BSc in Health & Physical Education (Sport Administration) – Edinboro University of Pennsylvania (2004)

MSc in Sociology of Sport & Exercise – University of Chester, England (2016)

“Words of Wisdom” for Prospective Students

The research interests within the department are so diverse, so it makes it easy to find faculty members who are like-minded.  But still, stay true to your research interests and be ambitious!

My Leisure Interests

Cricket used to be my passion, but now that I’m beyond my peak of sporting prowess you are more likely to see me swinging a golf club.  But aside from that I love travelling and spending time with my family (preferably both at the same time!).