Mayra RobledoMy name is Mayra Robledo. I am originally from Tepatitlan, Mexico, and was raised in Lennox, California. I am pursuing a masters degree in Natural Resources through the Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management. I am fortunate to be co-advised by Dr. Jason Bocarro and Dr. Michael Edwards. My research interests are youth sport development, community unity and physical activity promotion.

Who has been most influential to you?

My supporting partner Ivan for always pushing me, inspiring me and motivating me to be the best version of myself possible.

Professional Goal

I would like to work as a community, youth development advocate/coordinator or work in a college recreation center as a sport coordinator.

Previous Degrees and Where I Received these Degrees

Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology – California State University Dominguez Hills

“Words of Wisdom” for Prospective Students

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just on more time.” -Thomas A. Edison. Understand what your “why” is when considering graduate school, this will help navigate your application and graduate experience.

My Leisure Interests

Traveling, playing sports, hiking, dancing, running. I have endless curiosity to experience new things.