Diquan EdmondsAbout Me

I am a Master’s student working under the advisement of Dr. Michael Edwards. I am originally from Southern New Jersey, but moved to North Carolina when I was 12 years old. I attended North Carolina State University for my undergraduate degree, where I studied Sport Management. After completion of my degree, I worked for multiple recreation and park departments in the Triangle. My research interests involve community health and wellness, and how spending time in parks can help improve health in certain populations.

Who has been most influential to you?

My parents have been the most influential to me. They taught me to have a strong work ethic, and to be passionate about the work that I do.

Professional Goal

I would love to help increase community health and wellness by getting at risk individuals involved with activities in parks, or work in implementing athletic and outdoor programs to children.

Previous Degrees and Where I Received these Degrees

Bachelor of Science in Sport Management from North Carolina State University, 2015

“Words of Wisdom” for Prospective Students

No matter what adversity you’re going through, always trust the process and know that it will work out.

My Leisure Interests

I love spending time outdoors, hanging out with friends and family, and watching football (Go Eagles!)