College of Natural Resources
Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management
2820 Faucette Drive
Raleigh, NC, USA 27695
GPS Location 35.7821, -78.6772
PRTM Department Office Locations:
- Department Head Office – Rm. 4008 Biltmore Hall
- Associate Department Head Office – Rm. 4004 Biltmore Hall
- Director of Graduate Programs Office – Rm. 5107 Jordan Hall
- Director of Undergraduate Programs Office – Rm. 4004 Biltmore Hall
- Assistant Director of Undergraduate Programs Office – Rm. 4012-A Biltmore Hall
- Director of PGA Golf Management Office – Rm. 4023 Biltmore Hall
Getting here from I-40:
- Take the Gorman St. Exit, Exit 295 in Raleigh off of I-40/440.
- When traveling from I-40 East turn Left at the end of the Gorman St. Ramp putting you on Gorman St. going North.
- When traveling from I-40 West turn Right at the end to the Gorman St. Ramp putting you on Gorman St. going North.
- Travel North on Gorman St. for approximately 1.1 miles.
- Make a right at the stoplight onto Avent Ferry Rd.
- Travel on Avent Ferry Rd. for approximately 1.4 miles. (You will pass Burger Kin, Bruegger’s Bagels, and the Mission Valley Shopping Center on the right hand side of the road.)
- At the top of the hill you will be at the Western Blvd. intersection. Proceed through the stoplight and cross over Western Blvd. Avent Ferry Rd. turns into Morrill Drive after you cross Western Blvd. (You have now entered NC State’s Main Campus.)
- Make an IMMEDIATE left onto Faucette Dr.
- Biltmore Hall is the second building on Faucette Dr.
Parking and Transportation:
Parking on campus is very limited. Parking permits are necessary to park on NC State campuses from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. A parking pass is not needed during the weekend or after 5:00 p.m. weekdays.
Pay Lots: Several visitor parking pay lots are located within in easy walk Biltmore Hall. The closest are the Dan Allen Deck and the Coliseum Deck. Please refer to the map located under Resources.
Permits: Campus visitors (including workshop, seminar attendees) are charged $5 per day to park on campus. Permits may purchased at the Visitor Information Centers (Main Campus – Stinson Drive, Centennial Campus – Varsity Drive), as well as the NCSU Transportation Office located at 2721 Sullivan Drive. The Transportation Customer Service area operates from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
In some cases, the person or office you are visiting may be able to obtain your parking pass for you. You will need to make this arrangement in advance of your visit. Permitted parking is available in “C” permit spaces around Biltmore Hall as long as a visitor permit is obtained. The permit must be clearly displayed on the rearview mirror of your vehicle..
Alternatives: You may also wish to consider riding the Wolfline – our free campus bus system. During Fall and Spring semesters Wolfline serves two Park and Ride locations: Westgrove lot just north of Western Boulevard at Blue Ridge Road and Westgrove Street, and Carter-Finley Stadium The Wolfline serves Main Campus, Vet School, Centennial Campus, E.S. King Village, Avent Ferry Road, Gorman Street and Fraternity Court. The eleven daytime routes (most extended until 10 p.m.) and evening (Werewolf) route operate frequently depending on the time of day or evening. Wolfline operates on a modified schedule with reduced frequency during the summer.
For more information about transportation and parking at NC State review the resource box at the top of this page and visit NC State Transportation Visitor Information.