Parks, Recreation & Tourism Management: Program Management Concentration
Why did you choose PRTM?
I originally came to NC State as an Exploratory Studies student- unsure of my career path or major! Luckily, I stumbled across the College of Natural Resources at a Major Fair and learned about PRTM and the many opportunities this program can offer. After taking the PRT 152 Intro Course (with a wonderful teacher) I knew exactly what major I wanted to pursue!
What internships or volunteer experiences have you had?
- Special Events Assistant for the Burlington Recreation & Parks Department.
- Recruitment Intern for the College of Natural Resources & Planner for the Business Etiquette Dinner for our College!
- Special Events Intern for River Ridge Golf Club.
- University Ambassador for NC State: Tour Guide for prospective students and their families!
- Rave! Events Sales/Event Assistant: Planning and coordinating events for Dorothy and Roy Park Alumni Center and Lonnie Poole Golf Course. Including Corporate Events, NCSU Chancellor’s Events, Weddings, Ceremonies, and Rehearsal Dinners!
What advice would you give to future students?
Take advantage of the many opportunities at NC State and CNR! YOU decide what your experience will be like here at State. You get to be as involved as you would like to be, so try new things, meet new people, and enjoy some of the greatest years of your life. They will pass in the blink of an eye!
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Being a Director of Special Events/Sales for a Corporate/Wedding Venue in the Raleigh Area!
What are your fondest memories about being a student at NC State?
Meeting endless amounts of wonderful people.The staff and students within CNR have formed a tight-knit group, one with a family atmosphere and unrivaled support system. I would be much less of a student (and person) without this College. Whether it is a patient ear, or an insight of advice & knowledge- our people have it.