Skip to main content

graduate students

On-Campus Degrees and Minors

Master’s Degrees

The department offers master’s degrees in parks, recreation and tourism management, and natural resources. With several of these degrees, you have the option of writing a thesis or a professional project.

Ph.D. Degree

The department offers a doctoral degree designed to produce independent scholars capable of conducting independent research. Graduate students seeking this degree must have a master’s degree in recreation and parks management, sport, tourism, or related field. To be competitive, Ph.D. applicants should identify a PRTM graduate faculty member in their area of interest prior to admission into the program. Applicants are encouraged to contact the faculty member or the Director of Graduate Programs to obtain information on research assistantship opportunities.

Online Degrees and Graduate Certificates

Master’s Degrees

Certificate Programs

Learn More About Our Programs


Current Students

Visit the Current Students page to find resources that include technology information, teaching resources, and research symposium information.

Contact Us

For information and questions please contact Graduate Program Associate at Or email Yu-Fai Leung, Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management Graduate Program Director or call at 919-513-3489.