**Please note this is a co-op job! You must go through the Co-op Program in order to pursue this opportunity!**
First step: attend a co-op information session https://careers.dasa.ncsu.edu/overview/infosession/
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
Process Control Co-Ops, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Process Control:
You will be immersed in a high-energy, innovative culture – doing meaningful work, managing projects, and making decisions from the moment you walk into the Mill. Your daily interactions with PCA personnel in Process Control and Operations will sharpen your communication skills and strengthen your leadership qualities.
You will work with the Counce Process Control group on various distributed control systems (DCS) throughout the papermaking process.
- Work with Process Control Engineers as a resource for daily troubleshooting issues.
- Work on special project assignments to assist engineers, teach responsibility, and improve communication.
- Extensively utilize computer software for data input and process information systems.
- Use AutoCAD for fixing loopsheets, elementary, and interconnect drawings.
- Use Word to edit functional spec documents as equipment is added to DeltaV
- Audit and update loopsheets and functional specs in DeltaV.
- Assist process control engineer with checkout and startup of IO during down days.
- Assist process control engineer with audit corrections of interconnects – removing wire from spares, updating DeltaV, updating interconnects. Work order generation with Trident, CAD updates of drawings, pictures of panel wiring, and final supervision of electricians unwiring IO.
Must have completed the freshman year. A minimum grade point average of 3.0/4.0 is required and must be a permanent U.S. resident.
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.