Your Calling is Calling
Are you an experienced transportation engineer looking for a leadership role? NCDOT is currently seeking a Senior Assistant District Engineer for our Forsyth District Office. In this role, you will
- Monitor the division and centrally let project construction projects,
- Review and process access permits,
- Review engineering plans for subdivisions, commercial, and other developments requesting access to state highways,
- Review and approve developer plans and agreements for turn lanes or other roadway improvement projects.
- Coordinate preparation and review of traffic impact analyses
- Develop schedules for planned improvements.
- Represent NCDOT at meetings with planning organizations, municipalities, and other organizations.
- Serve as Contract Administration for State- and Federally-funded projects and maintain these projects in HiCAMS.
- Assist the District Engineer and office staff as required.
What You Bring
- Experience supervising employees, including construction engineering inspection staff
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships and customer service experience in resolving problems
- Skills in planning, developing, scheduling, tracking, and completing projects independently and with limited supervision
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and GIS software
- Experience reviewing project plans and specifications for compliance with established practices and principles of Engineering (i.e. - Spot Safety, locally-managed projects, subdivisions, right of way encroachments and driveway permit applications)
We prefer applicants who are State of North Carolina Registered Professional Engineers.
Valid NCDL preferred.
Safety Toe Shoes required.
May require registration as a professional engineer by the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Call me: Vicki Kildea at 336-747-7900
Follow NCDOT Careers on
Bachelor's degree in an applicable field of engineering from an appropriately accredited institution and 3 years of progressively responsible experience; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.