This position will be responsible for providing economic and decision support analysis for the area of utility resource planning. The position will develop, maintain, and enhance capacity expansion and production cost models. The Analyst will lead company efforts for long-term modeling considerations for power industry trends, including modeling impacts of new resource technologies, changing market rules, federal or state environmental policies, proliferation of distributed generation resources, and energy efficiency and electrification programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain capacity expansion and production cost models
- Create written reports, presentations, and all supporting documentation as part of a comprehensive Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) service
- Research power industry trends and incorporate future scenarios into economic and planning models
- Collaborate with cross-functional strategy and analytics teams to provide a comprehensive portfolio view in developing long term power supply portfolios
- Coordinate with Origination and Business Development groups to facilitate and provide analytical support for Request for Proposal (RFP) initiatives
- Clearly communicate model results, analysis, and research to internal groups and to external clients
- Provide expert testimony in public utility commission filings, as required
- Ability to travel
- Adheres to and is supportive of all ACES corporate policies and complies with all regulatory requirements including but not limited to NERC, FERC and relevant state regulations as applicable to the position
- Any additional responsibilities assigned by management
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Economics, Business, Accounting, or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge of power supply planning, environmental policy analysis, and risk management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and familiarity with ACES systems.
- High degree of analytical ability through understanding of the electric power industry.
- Ability to understand, assimilate, and communicate information effectively in an oral, written, and illustrative manner.