Join us at the NC State and College of Natural Resources graduation ceremonies to celebrate and honor you and your achievements.
Schedule of Events
There are 2 commencement ceremonies. For more information on the 9am ceremony, please visit the University Commencement website. See below for the differences between the ceremonies and for further details on the College of Natural Resources ceremony.
|College of Natural Resources
|Saturday, May 4, 2024
|Saturday, May 4, 2024
1400 Edwards Mill Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27607
2411 Dunn Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27607
|All NC State graduates
|All CNR graduates
(each graduate’s name is called)
|No names printed
(all available online)
|All CNR graduate names printed
|Reservations required through a form emailed to graduates. There’s a limited number of guests per graduate. There are no physical tickets.
|Only Doctoral candidates walk across the stage.
Master and Bachelor
candidates stand as groups.
|All graduating students walk
across the stage.
Attend a Spring 2024 CNR Graduation Info Session
Graduating students, learn more about the graduation process and ask questions at the graduation information sessions listed below:
|Date & Time
|Wednesday, February 7, 2024 at 4:00 PM
|Monday, February 12, 2024 at 11:00 AM
|BI 2026 or zoom
|Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 9:30 AM
|Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 3:30 PM
|BI 2026 or zoom
|Friday, February 23, 2024 at 12:30 PM
College of Natural Resources Spring Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, May 4, 2024
Time: 5:00 p.m.
2411 Dunn Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27607
Graduating Students must arrive no later than 4:00pm (enter through East entrance).
The College of Natural Resources Commencement Ceremony on May 4th at 5:00pm is a ceremony for all undergraduate and graduate students in:
- Department of Forestry and Environmental Resources
- Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management
- Department of Forest Biomaterials
- Center for Geospatial Analytics
Spring 2024 Graduation Deadlines
- Undergraduate graduation application closes February 5, 2024
- Graduate graduation application closes March 20, 2024
- Privacy settings, diploma name and diploma address update deadline for both undergraduate and graduates is March 22, 2024
Tips for picking up your cap and gown:
- The NC State Bookstore sells all graduate apparel at its physical location in Talley Student Union.
- No preordering is necessary, but all apparel must be paid for at the time of pick-up.
- You must present a photo ID.
- Caps/Gowns/Tassels range from $35-$55
- Hoods (graduate students only) cost around $37
- Reserved seating at the CNR ceremony at Reynolds is required.
- Graduating students will reserve seats in advance for their guests to attend the ceremony by completing a CNR Graduation Google form, which they will receive by email in early March. Each graduate can reserve up to 10 seats for guests via the form. Although we cannot guarantee extra seats, there is an option to request extra seats on the Google form, and graduating students will be notified by email by April 17th if we can accommodate the request.
- Physical tickets are not needed.
- Doors open at 4:15pm for all guests.
- Bags will be inspected at the entrance. Flowers are permitted, as are sealed water bottles. The following items are prohibited: helium balloons, wrapped gifts, and food.
- Reynolds Coliseum has accessible seating for those who use wheelchairs. Additional reserved seating will be available for those that cannot climb stairs. Unfortunately, these seats are limited and are on a first-come-first-serve basis. Guests who need accessible seating can enter Reynolds Coliseum through the front doors, or North Entrance, beginning at 4:15 pm. Once inside, go to the left and take the elevators to the second floor to reach the accessible seating area.
- Plan ahead by viewing the virtual tour of Reynolds Coliseum.
- Parking is available in the Coliseum Deck, 201 Jensen Dr. Raleigh, NC 27606. See the NC State Parking Map.
- There are a limited number of accessible parking spots available next to Reynolds Coliseum. If you need to drop someone off at the North Entrance, you may use the turn around on Dunn Avenue and then park in the Coliseum Parking Deck, if Jeter Bay ADA parking is full.
- See the NC State Campus Parking Accessiblity Map for details.
For friends and family who would like to watch the ceremony remotely, a livestream link will be provided here on May 4th.
A professional photographer will be taking a photo as each graduating student crosses the stage and a posed still photo before they return to their seat. Proofs will be emailed after graduation. You can order proofs directly from the photographer. For information, call 800-722-7033 or email email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the differences between the University & College Ceremonies?
The NC State University Commencement is for all NC State Graduates. Students will be recognized by college, and only Doctoral candidates walk across the stage. The College Ceremony is only for students graduating from The College of Natural Resources. At the college ceremony, every graduating CNR student in attendance will have their name called and walk across the stage. The ceremonies are both on May 4th, the University ceremony is at 9:00am at PNC Arena, and the College of Natural Resources ceremony is at 5:00pm at Reynolds Coliseum. You must RSVP for each ceremony separately. (Visit https://commencement.ncsu.edu for information on the University-wide ceremony.)
What is the difference between graduation and commencement?
Graduating from college and walking across the stage at your commencement ceremony are two different things, but they are intertwined. College graduation marks the completion of your degree requirements. The commencement celebrates those accomplishments and looks towards the future.
If I graduate in the summer, which ceremony do I walk in?
If you plan to finish in the summer, you may be eligible to participate in the CNR May commencement. The policy for allowing summer graduates to “walk” in the CNR spring commencement states that students must have no more than 12 hrs remaining to fulfill degree requirements, which they will complete during summer, and a current GPA of 2.0 or higher. If you meet these guidelines and wish to participate you will need to complete this form by March 20, 2024.
When is my graduation application due?
The undergraduate application is due by February 5, 2024, 11:59 pm
The graduate application is due by March 20, 2024, 11:59 pm
How do I apply to graduate?
You can apply in MyPack. For detailed instructions visit: https://studentservices.ncsu.edu/your-degree/graduation/apply-for-graduation/
I don’t want my name to appear on the commencement program, what can I do?
Apply within MyPack. For detailed instructions visit: https://studentservices.ncsu.edu/your-resources/privacy/
How can I make sure my name is pronounced correctly?
A google form will be sent out in the weeks leading up to graduation requesting information needed from graduating students for ceremony preparation. Be sure to spell out your name and write out the pronunciation phonetically to ensure proper pronunciation as you walk across the stage.
How are honors determined?
Academic honors are based on your cumulative GPA. For commencement recognition purposes, your cumulative GPA at the beginning of your last semester will be used in publications and the ceremony. However, your diploma and official transcript will list the academic honor that you earn once your final grades are posted.
What are the honors (GPA ranges and sash colors)?
Summa Cum Laude: 3.75 and Higher (GOLD sash)
Magna Cum Laude: 3.5-3.749 (SILVER sash)
Cum Laude: 3.25-3.499 (WHITE sash)
Where is accessible parking for the CNR commencement ceremony?
General public parking is in the Coliseum Deck at 201 Jensen Dr. There are a limited number of accessible parking spots available next to Reynolds Coliseum. If you need to drop someone off at the North Entrance, you may use the turn around on Dunn Avenue and then park in the Coliseum Parking Deck, if Jeter Bay ADA parking is full. See the NC State Campus Parking Accessibility Map for details.
Where is accessible guest seating for the CNR commencement ceremony?
Reynolds Coliseum has accessible seating for those who use wheelchairs. Additional reserved seating will be available for those that cannot climb stairs. Unfortunately, these seats are limited and are on a first-come-first-serve basis. Guests who need accessible seating can enter Reynolds Coliseum through the front doors, or North Entrance, beginning at 4:15 pm. Once inside, go to the left and take the elevators to the second floor to reach the accessible seating area.
What do I bring as a graduate to the CNR commencement ceremony?
There will be nowhere to store personal belongings, so bring minimal necessities and if you’d like to, a sealed water bottle.
What side should the graduation cap tassel be on at the start of the ceremony?
Bachelor’s degree candidates drape the tassel on the right side of the cap, and will ‘turn’ it at the conclusion of the University Commencement ceremony. Professional, Master’s, and Doctoral degree candidates drape the tassel on the left side of the cap.
Where do graduates assemble for the CNR commencement ceremony?
For the Spring CNR ceremony in Reynolds, graduating students will enter the East Entrance of Reynolds by 4:00pm in full regalia. There will be department tables for check-in. FB and FER check-in is in the lobby area on the East side of the venue, and PRTM and CGA check-in is in the lobby area near the West side of the venue. There will be signs directing graduates to check-in tables on commencement day.
Graduating students will line-up by department, major, and then alphabetically, the same way the names will be listed in the program.
Where do guests assemble for the CNR commencement ceremony?
For the Spring CNR ceremony in Reynolds, guests will enter through the North Entrance, and follow signage to the guest seating. Doors will open between 4:15pm and 4:30pm (there is another college ceremony in the venue just before CNR, so doors will open after the previous ceremony’s guests have departed).
How long will the ceremony last?
About an hour and a half to two hours is the anticipated ceremony time.
Contact the CNR Academic Affairs Office
CNR 2023 Fall Ceremony
View the digital version of the 2023 fall Commencement program to share with friends and family.