How do we do this?
- Strive to increase representation of individuals from diverse backgrounds in our students, staff and faculty.
- Seek ways to bring people together to learn, grow and create as a team.
- Collaborate with community partners to provide support for students, staff and faculty.
As a college dedicated to securing a healthier, more sustainable future for all, we understand we need individuals from all backgrounds to accomplish this and we will continue to do our part in making our goal a reality.
Diversity at Our College
As member of the LGBT community, Duncan promotes diversity through his existence. The Engaging Leaders Program and the GLBT Center at NC State have helped him find community and learn to lead.
Service and Support
- Open Door Policy – stop by for a ‘just because’ visit or for conversations about getting involved on campus
- Project SAFE and GLBT Advocates – we are committed to providing a support system, as well as access to training for those interested in participating
- Green Zone Certified – military-affiliated students, let us serve as your home unit in the college
- CNR Ladies – provides professional, social and community service opportunities and is open to all students, staff and faculty who identify as female
- Engaging Leaders – program for first-year students (traditional and transfer) in the college focused on cultural awareness and leadership
- Freshman Advancement Seminar – a course that encourages students to explore the role of their identities within in their chosen career fields
“Diversity, or the state of being different, isn’t the same as inclusion. One is a description of what is, while the other describes a style of interaction essential to effective teams and organizations.” – Bill Crawford
Mental Health Resources
Campus resources available
- NC State Student Counseling Center – provides virtual counseling sessions
- NC State Faculty and Staff Assistance Program – provides support, resources and information for personal and work-life issues
- NC State Community Counseling, Education, and Research Center – provides short-term counseling to individuals, couples and families, ages 14 and older
- NC State Pack Essentials – assists with domestic and international students’ financial needs such as housing and food
- NC State WellRec – offers virtual workouts and fitness classes
Off-campus resources available
- Les Mills on Demand – provides access to free online at-home workouts
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Mental Health America
- Free virtual tours of national parks
- Virtual volunteering
- Women’s Center
- GLBT Center
- African American Cultural Center
- Military and Veteran Services
- Multicultural Student Affairs
- Disability Resource Office
- Feed the Pack
- Office of International Services
Questions or want to join our community?
Dr. Stacy Nelson, Interim Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion
Dr. Shaefny Grays, Associate Director
College of Natural Resources
Biltmore Hall, Room 2022B
Campus Box 8001
Raleigh, NC 27695-8001