How do we do this?
- Strive to increase representation of individuals from diverse backgrounds in our students, staff and faculty.
- Seek ways to bring people together to learn, grow and create as a team.
- Collaborate with community partners to provide support for students, staff and faculty.
As a college dedicated to securing a healthier, more sustainable future for all, we understand we need individuals from all backgrounds to accomplish this and we will continue to do our part in making our goal a reality.
Diversity at Our College
Zakiya Holmes Leggett
Professor Zakiya Holmes Leggett was recently recognized for her work in being proactive in mentoring and recruiting students from diverse ethnic backgrounds into the field of ecology.
Service and Support
- Open Door Policy – stop by for a ‘just because’ visit or for conversations about getting involved on campus
- Project SAFE and GLBT Advocates – we are committed to providing a support system, as well as access to training for those interested in participating
- Green Zone Certified – military-affiliated students, let us serve as your home unit in the college
- CNR Ladies – provides professional, social and community service opportunities and is open to all students, staff and faculty who identify as female
- Engaging Leaders – program for first-year students (traditional and transfer) in the college focused on cultural awareness and leadership
- Freshman Advancement Seminar – a course that encourages students to explore the role of their identities within in their chosen career fields
“Diversity, or the state of being different, isn’t the same as inclusion. One is a description of what is, while the other describes a style of interaction essential to effective teams and organizations.” – Bill Crawford
Questions or want to join our community?
Dr. Shaefny Grays, Interim Director
College of Natural Resources
Biltmore Hall, Room 2022B
Campus Box 8001
Raleigh, NC 27695-8001