Skip to main content
- The Hodges Wood Products Laboratory provides Sustainable Materials Technical Services, including detailed analysis of technical and production problems supplemented with testing of materials and wood utilization techniques.
- A variety of routine and specialized Wood Chemistry Technical Services are provided by our wood chemistry laboratories, including structural analyses, molecular weight evaluations, quality control analyses and more.
- Need assistance with chemical or mechanical pulping, bleaching, fiber recycling, papermaking, testing, processing or analytical services? Browse the Pulp and Paper Technical Service Equipment available to tackle industry technical challenges.
- Have questions? Ask an Expert! Our field faculty and specialists have expertise in agriculture, food, forestry, community and environmental issues, youth development, family and consumer sciences, gardening, and Christmas Trees. Snap a photo, upload to the form and receive an answer via email.
- The NC State Cooperative Tree Improvement Program genetically manipulates and breeds loblolly pines to increase productivity and value of forests. Cooperative members have access to genetic data, facilities, research and expert knowledge of superior loblolly pines.
- From Regional Supply Assessment to Land Use Change Summaries to Sustainability Estimates, the Fiber Analytics Assessment program for woody biomass provides both public and private clients with detailed comprehensive fee-for-service assessments that meet specific needs.
Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management
- From Conceptual Plans to Advisory Board Training, the Recreation Resources Service (RRS) can assist in establishing, improving and expanding recreation and leisure services in North Carolina.