CNR Tutoring Program
The College of Natural Resources is invested in helping our students achieve academic success, so we offer free tutoring services. Tutors are carefully chosen to ensure that they mastered the content of the courses they tutor.
To begin, please watch the orientation video.
To subscribe to our tutoring newsletter, please sign up here.
- To schedule one-on-one tutoring services, please schedule an appointment in the Navigate app or through the Navigate web platform.
- Directions: In Navigate, select Advising & Student Services > College of Natural Resources > CNR Tutoring By Appointment (30 or 60 minutes.)
For help scheduling appointments in Navigate, please watch this video.
- Please note that one-on-one tutoring services are only available to students pursuing majors or minors within the College of Natural Resources.
- If you are a CNR student and you are experiencing trouble booking appointments in Navigate, please email the Coordinator of Student Success Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a tutoring need for which we do not have a tutor available, please submit this form . We will do our best to accommodate.
Drop-in tutoring provides students easy access to a tutor that can assist them in a select group of courses. For the Spring 2022 semester, we will have tutors in our drop-in center to assist with these courses:
- Math (MA 131, MA 141, MA 231, MA 241)
- Chemistry (CH 101, 102, 201, 220)
- Physics (PY 211)
- Biology (BIO 181)
To view our drop-in tutoring calendar with details on which courses will be available, please click here. You can also save this calendar on your own Google Calendar to refer back to.
Schedule and Location
Drop-in tutoring is held in Biltmore 2026 and begins 1/18/2023.
Math and Physics: Wednesdays, 4:30-6:30 PM
Biology and Chemistry: Thursdays, 4:30-6:30 PM
Students should come to tutorial sessions prepared having attended class and taken notes, with all necessary books and materials, and having attempted homework and assignments.
The tutor is a successful student, but not a teacher or an expert. Though s/he is a good resource, the tutor will not do the student’s work and is not responsible for the student’s final course grade.
Meet our Team
|Ryn Flood||Grace Agnello||Sydney Ford|
|Major: Environmental Sciences||Major: Natural Resources||Major: Paper Science & Engineering|
|Courses Offered: MA 131, MA 231, BIO 181||Courses Offered: BIO 181, CH 101||Courses Offered: CH 101, MA 141, MA 241|
|Schedule an appointment with Ryn||Schedule an appointment with Grace||Schedule an appointment with Sydney|
|John Mark Polk||Shrusti Patel||Lexi Seal|
|Major: Fisheries, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology||Major: Environmental Technology & Management||Major: Environmental Sciences|
|Courses Offered: CH 111, CH 101, ST 311, BIO 181, FOR 172, FW 221, ARE 201||Courses Offered: BIO 181, CH 220, PB 360, ST 311||Courses Offered: BIO 181, SSC 200|
|Schedule an appointment with John Mark||Schedule an appointment with Shrusti||Schedule an appointment with Lexi|
|Major: Forestry, MS|
|Courses Offered: GIS 280|
|Schedule an appointment with Papa|
Want to Join our Team?
If you are interested in joining our team as a tutor, please fill out this CNR Tutor Interest Form.
The Academic Success Center
The Academic Success Center (ASC) also has assistance for writing and speaking (which is open to undergraduate and graduate students) by appointment. Programs include an academic peer mentoring program for students who want regular support with time management and study skills, drop-in tutoring, group and one-on-one tutoring, writing appointments, and supplemental instruction.
Some of the services the ASC offers includes:
- Writing Support (available for both undergraduate and graduate students)
- SI Information & Schedule
- Find Help-by-Course
- Academic Skill Resources