Dr. Daniel Saloni is an associate professor in the Department of Forest Biomaterials at North Carolina State University. Before applying to a faculty position at NCSU, he was a laboratory manager and research assistant in the Wood Machining and Tooling Research Program at North Carolina State University. Prior to joining NCSU, he was an assistant professor in the Department of Industrial Engineering and Junior Consultant in UCAB Consulting for five years at Andres Bello Catholic University in Caracas, Venezuela.
Dr. Saloni received his Ph.D. in Wood Science from the Department of Forest Biomaterials and a Master’s degree in Integrated Manufacturing System Engineering at North Carolina State University. He also obtained a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering and a Master’s degree in Project Management at Andres Bello Catholic University.
He has published various papers and participated in several conferences on process improvement, supply chain, biomass and bioenergy conversion and additive manufacturing, which are his major research areas.
Dr. Saloni is currently a affiliated faculty at the Center for Additive Manufacturing and Logistics (CAMAL).
Area(s) of Expertise
Process improvement, supply chain, biomass and bioenergy conversion
- Tuning the Adhesive Properties of Soy Protein Wood Adhesives with Different Coadjutant Polymers, Nanocellulose and Lignin , POLYMERS (2021)
- Characterization of Selected Pyrolysis Products of Diseased Orange Wood , BIORESOURCES (2020)
- Investigation of Bioplastics for Additive Manufacturing , ADVANCES IN ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING, MODELING SYSTEMS AND 3D PROTOTYPING (2020)
- Thermal, Structural, and Mechanical Effects of Nanofibrillated Cellulose in Polylactic Acid Filaments for Additive Manufacturing , BIORESOURCES (2020)
- Novel 3D printing filament composite using diatomaceous earth and polylactic acid for materials properties and cost improvement , COMPOSITES PART B-ENGINEERING (2019)
- Qualitative analysis of the extractives of orange wood , Wood and Fiber Science (2017)
- Improving Housing Conditions from the Crawl Space up with a Monitoring and Control System , Housing and Society (2014)
- US biomass opportunities for value-added biomass exports based on the European Union renewable energy share targets , BioResources (2014)
- Capacity, production, and consumption assessment of the U.S. south Atlantic wood pellet industry , BioResources (2013)
- Evaluation of O/W microemulsions to penetrate the capillary structure of woody biomass: interplay between composition and formulation in green processing , Green Chemistry (2013)