Dr. Daniel Saloni is an associate professor in the Department of Forest Biomaterials at North Carolina State University. Before applying to a faculty position at NCSU, he was a laboratory manager and research assistant in the Wood Machining and Tooling Research Program at North Carolina State University. Prior to joining NCSU, he was an assistant professor in the Department of Industrial Engineering and Junior Consultant in UCAB Consulting for five years at Andres Bello Catholic University in Caracas, Venezuela.
Dr. Saloni received his Ph.D. in Wood Science from the Department of Forest Biomaterials and a Master’s degree in Integrated Manufacturing System Engineering at North Carolina State University. He also obtained a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering and a Master’s degree in Project Management at Andres Bello Catholic University.
He has published various papers and participated in several conferences on process improvement, supply chain, biomass and bioenergy conversion and additive manufacturing, which are his major research areas.
Dr. Saloni is currently a affiliated faculty at the Center for Additive Manufacturing and Logistics (CAMAL).
- Qualitative analysis of the extractives of orange wood (2017)
- US biomass opportunities for value-added biomass exports based on the European Union renewable energy share targets (2014)
- Capacity, production, and consumption assessment of the U.S. south Atlantic wood pellet industry (2013)
- Evaluation of O/W microemulsions to penetrate the capillary structure of woody biomass: interplay between composition and formulation in green processing (2013)
- Technical and economic assessment for the production of torrefied ligno-cellulosic biomass pellets in the US (2013)
- Technical and economic modeling for the production of torrefied lignocellulosic biomass for the U.S. densified fuel industry (2013)
- Capillary flooding of wood with microemulsions from Winsor I systems (2012)
- Fuel properties and suitability of eucalyptus benthamii and eucalyptus macarthurii for torrefied wood and pellets (2012)
- Measuring environmental improvements image in companies implementing green manufacturing, by means of a fuzzy logic model for decision-making purposes (2012)
- Biomass to energy in the southern united states: supply chain and delivered cost (2011)