North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina. 1995
- Master of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management
San Diego University, San Diego, California. 1991
- Bachelor of Science Recreation Administration
- Student Development, Academic Advising, Leadership, Student Mentoring
- Extensive Travel Abroad Experience: Cyprus, Thailand, Singapore, China, Canada,
Greece, Turkey, Ireland, Mexico, England, Scotland, Australia, Aruba, Sweden,
Denmark, Germany, Isles of the British Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Belgium and France
Recent Courses Taught
- PRT 150 – Orientation to Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management
- PRT 152 – Introduction to Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management
- PRT 238 – Diversity and Inclusion
- PRT 478 – Special Event Planning
- PRT 491 – Study Abroad to Greece and the Greek Isles; The Greek Isles and Turkey
Harrolle, M. G., & Moretz, J. L. Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation: Learning the difference through an online activity. Schole: A Journal of Leisure Studies and Recreation Education. August, 2010.
Henderson, K., Harrolle, M., Rozier, S., & Moretz. J. Women Faculty, Higher Education and the Recreation/Leisure Field. Schole: A Journal of Leisure Studies and Recreation Education.
Harrolle, M. G., Bush, K.A., Adair, E., Kelley, K., & Moretz, J. L. Online Marketing
Tools for Students. June 2012.
Harrolle, M. G. & Moretz, J. L. (2010). Transforming Face-to-Face Activities Into Distance Learning Activities: Increasing Student Engagement. Presented at the 2010 8th Biannual Conference on University education in Natural Resources, Blacksburg, WV.
Moretz, J. (2010). Putting the Spotlight on Your Image. Spotlight on Careers with Networking Opportunities. Presented at the 2010 North Carolina Recreation and Park Association Conference, Raleigh, NC.