Dr. Ronalds Gonzalez is Assistant Professor of Conversion Economics, Finance and Supply Chain. Prior joining NC State University, Dr. Gonzalez was corporate controller manufacturing and logistics for North, Central and South America for Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget (the biggest global tissue producer). He also held several positions in controlling and manufacturing at Smurfit Kappa Carton de Venezuela (an integrated forestry, pulp and paper and packaging solutions company).
In his last positions, he was co-responsible for daily business operations for several divisions in different countries (including budget preparation and control, financial reporting, capital investment analysis, cost control, strategic analysis). Other experience includes the establishment of processing facilities and supply chain analysis for several customers, product development and market research. Dr. Gonzalez has provided consultancy services to startup and established companies in the U.S., Mexico, Venezuela and Colombia.
Dr. Gonzalez earned a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from Universidad de Los Andes, Venezuela, a Masters in Marketing of Forest Products and a Doctorate in Integrated Supply Chain and Conversion Economics from North Carolina State University. He also hold a MBA from the Jenkins Business School, Poole College of Management and training in value creation in the consumers good and forest product industry from the Stockholm School of Economics. Dr. Ronalds Gonzalez is an expert in integrated analysis (supply chain, conversion process and economics and financial analysis).
- Risk management consideration in the bioeconomy (2017)
- Locational determinants for wood pellet plants: A review and case study of North and South America (2016)
- Environmental LCA and financial analysis to evaluate the feasibility of bio-based sugar feedstock biomass supply globally: Part 2. application of multi-criteria decision-making analysis as a method for biomass feedstock comparisons (2016)
- Life Cycle Assessment of lignin extraction in a softwood kraft pulp mill (2016)
- Environmental LCA and financial analysis to evaluate the feasibility of bio-based sugar feedstock biomass supply globally: Part 1. supply chain analysis (2015)
- The NREL biochemical and thermochemical ethanol conversion processes: Financial and environmental analysis comparison (2015)
- Environmental life cycle impacts of cellulosic ethanol in the Southern US produced from loblolly pine, eucalyptus, unmanaged hardwoods, forest residues, and switchgrass using a thermochemical conversion pathway (2015)
- Environmental impacts of bioethanol using the NREL biochemical conversion route: multivariate analysis and single score results (2015)
- Integrated conversion, financial, and risk modeling of cellulosic ethanol from woody and non-woody biomass via dilute acid pre-treatment (2014)
- Supply chain analysis, delivered cost, and life cycle assessment of oil palm empty fruit bunch biomass for green chemical production in Malaysia (2014)