Hill Forest Recreation Permits
Located in Durham County, Hill Forest is available for public use by permit for hiking, bicycling, horseback riding, hunting or fishing. Apply for a permit below.
To obtain a permit online:
- Click HERE to apply (for best results use Google Chrome)
- Create Account with Outdoor Access
- Add all your contact information
- Agree to terms
- Enter payment information
- Click My Permits to print dashboard and on person permit
Note: If you want to apply for a permit using regular mail delivery apply by using this printable file (PDF)
2019 Hill Forest Recreational use is permitted only on Sundays during the following seasons:
- Turkey (Youth Only & Spring Season) – *April 4 , 2020 – May 9, 2020*
- Deer Blackpowder – TBA Deer Gun – *Nov 2, 2019- Jan 1, 2020*
All updated hunting dates can be found Here.
Applications - All Forests
Looking to use one of our forests for teaching, doing research, tour or an event? Applications are required for use of our forests if you want to use any of the forest in such a manner that trees, wildlife, soil, or forest floor may be disturbed. This form may also be used for other events or meetings to prevent conflicts with other users.
Forests that require applications include:
- Bull Neck
- Timaca Hosley
- Please review this safety information about using our forests.