Forest Permits and Applications
Hill Forest Recreation Permits
Located in Durham County, Hill Forest is available for public use by permit for hiking, bicycling, horseback riding, hunting or fishing. Apply for a permit below.
To obtain a permit online:
- Click HERE to apply (for best results use Google Chrome)
- Create Account with Outdoor Access
- Add all your contact information
- Agree to terms
- Enter payment information
- Click My Permits to print dashboard and on person permit
Note: If you want to apply for a permit using regular mail delivery apply by using this printable file (PDF)
- When parking on the property, be sure your dashboard permit is displayed. Keep your named pocket permit on you at all times, as deputies patrol the property.
- Do not park in front of gates, as you may get towed.
Recreation is permitted Sundays ONLY through active hunting season for deer (blackpowder and gun) and turkey. The dates very slightly each year, so please review the the NC Wildlife Resources Big Game seasons, Central Region and Season Limits page.
Applications – All Forests
Looking to use one of our forests for teaching, doing research, tour or an event? Applications are required for use of our forests if you want to use any of the forest in such a manner that trees, wildlife, soil, or forest floor may be disturbed. This form may also be used for other events or meetings to prevent conflicts with other users.
Forests that require applications include:
- Bull Neck
- Timaca Hosley
For questions regarding the application or forest use, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please review this safety information about using our forests.