– Associate Professor, NCSU (USA)
– Distinguished Professor of Green Chemistry, Qilu University of Technology (PR China)
– Foreign Talent Professor, Jiangnan University (PR China)
– Fulbright Scholar (Brazil)
Twitter | @WolfPackBark
Research Group | http://www4.ncsu.edu/~lalucia, http://www.ncsu.edu/chemistry/people/lal.html
Open Access Publication Site | http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Lucian_Lucia/
BioResources | http://www.bioresources.com
QR Code for Laboratory of Soft Materials & Green Chemistry
Lucian A. Lucia currently serves as an Associate Professor in the Departments of Forest Biomaterials (Wood & Paper Science) and Chemistry and as a faculty in the programs of Fiber & Polymer Science and Environmental Sciences at North Carolina State University. His laboratory, The Laboratory of Soft Materials & Green Chemistry, probes fundamental materials science topics focused on the green chemistry of renewable polymers. He received his Ph.D. in organic chemistry from the University of Florida for modeling photoinduced charge separation states of novel Rhenium (I)-based organometallic ensembles as a first order approximation of photosynthesis.
He began his professional career as an Assistant Professor at the Institute of Paper Science and Technology at the Georgia Institute of Technology examining the mechanism of singlet oxygen’s chemistry with lignin & cellulose.
A large part of his recent work has been focused on the chemical modification of cellulosics for biomedical applications.
He teaches Forest Biomaterials Chemistry (WPS 723), From Papyrus to Plasma Screens: Paper & Society (PSE 220), Green Chemistry (PSE/CH 335), and the FB Graduate Student Seminar Series (WPS 590/790) at NCSU while teaching Wood Chemistry and Green Chemistry at Qilu University of Technology in PR China.
He has co-founded and co-edits an open-access international research journal, BioResources, that is dedicated to original research articles, reviews, and editorials on the fundamental science & engineering and advanced applications of lignocellulosic materials.
- Understanding shape and morphology of unusual tubular starch nanocrystals (2016)
- Development of a highly efficient pretreatment sequence for the enzymatic saccharification of loblolly pine wood (2016)
- chitosan-based reagents endow recycled paper fibers with remarkable physical and antimicrobial properties (2016)
- Soy flour and soy lecithin improve paper strength and formation (2016)
- Ultrasound-assisted xylanase treatment of chemi-mechanical poplar pulp (2016)
- Laccase immobilized on PAN/O-MMT composite nanofibers support for substrate bioremediation: A de novo adsorption and biocatalytic synergy (2016)
- The role of heteropolysaccharides in developing oxidized cellulose nanofibrils (2016)
- A novel approach for rapid preparation of monophasic microemulsions that facilitates penetration of woody biomass (2016)
- Physico-chemical responses of Fraser fir induced by balsam woolly adelgid (Homoptera: Adelgidae) infestation (2016)
- Bioresources: ten years of service for the progress of the science and technology of lignocellulosic products (2016)