– Associate Professor, NCSU (USA)
– Distinguished Professor of Green Chemistry, Qilu University of Technology (PR China)
– Foreign Talent Professor, Jiangnan University (PR China)
– Fulbright Scholar (Brazil)
Twitter | @WolfPackBark
Research Group | http://www4.ncsu.edu/~lalucia, http://www.ncsu.edu/chemistry/people/lal.html
Open Access Publication Site | http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Lucian_Lucia/
BioResources | http://www.bioresources.com
QR Code for Laboratory of Soft Materials & Green Chemistry
Lucian A. Lucia currently serves as an Associate Professor in the Departments of Forest Biomaterials (Wood & Paper Science) and Chemistry and as a faculty in the programs of Fiber & Polymer Science and Environmental Sciences at North Carolina State University. His laboratory, The Laboratory of Soft Materials & Green Chemistry, probes fundamental materials science topics focused on the green chemistry of renewable polymers. He received his Ph.D. in organic chemistry from the University of Florida for modeling photoinduced charge separation states of novel Rhenium (I)-based organometallic ensembles as a first order approximation of photosynthesis.
He began his professional career as an Assistant Professor at the Institute of Paper Science and Technology at the Georgia Institute of Technology examining the mechanism of singlet oxygen’s chemistry with lignin & cellulose.
A large part of his recent work has been focused on the chemical modification of cellulosics for biomedical applications.
He teaches Forest Biomaterials Chemistry (WPS 723), From Papyrus to Plasma Screens: Paper & Society (PSE 220), Green Chemistry (PSE/CH 335), and the FB Graduate Student Seminar Series (WPS 590/790) at NCSU while teaching Wood Chemistry and Green Chemistry at Qilu University of Technology in PR China.
He has co-founded and co-edits an open-access international research journal, BioResources, that is dedicated to original research articles, reviews, and editorials on the fundamental science & engineering and advanced applications of lignocellulosic materials.
- An environmentally benign approach to achieving vectorial alignment and high microporosity in bacterial cellulose/chitosan scaffolds (vol 7, pg 13678, 2017) (2017)
- An Environmentally benign approach to achieving vectorial alignment and high microporosity in bacterial cellulose/chitosan scaffolds (2017)
- Physical study of the primary and secondary photothermal events in gold/cellulose nanocrystals (AuNP/CNC) nanocomposites embedded in PVA matrices (2017)
- 3d face recognition in the fourier domain using deformed circular curves (2017)
- Bioremediation of dyes using ultrafine membrane prepared from the waste culture of ganoderma lucidum with in-situ immobilization of laccase (2016)
- Analytical pyrolysis pathways of guaiacyl glycerol-beta-guaiacyl ether by Py-GC/MS (2016)
- Supercritical water-induced lignin decomposition reactions: A structural and quantitative study (2016)
- Metal-based bacterial cellulose of sandwich nanomaterials for anti-oxidation electromagnetic interference shielding (2016)
- Bioactive and compatible polysaccharides hydrogels structure and properties for pharmaceutical applications (2016)
- Dissolution of pentosan in corn stalk by hot water and purification using ion exchange resin (2016)