Alum AG Osborne Wins Anderson Award from REI

AG Osborne earned his online masters of recreation (MPRTSM) degree and graduated with distinction in 2022, all while working at Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI). Osborne received the company’s Anderson Award, a peer-nominated award given to less than 1 percent of the company’s 16,000 employees.

“The Anderson Award celebrates the co-op’s culture and values, recognizing the amazing and inspiring people I get to work with,” said Osborne. “My promise is to commit to continuing to embodying our values in action that elevate our co-op to new heights by continuing to inspire and be inspired by my co-workers.”

Grateful to colleagues, Osborne also offered a shoutout his NC State graduate school cohort “who continue to cheer me on and entertain my wild ideas: Jason Bocarro, Jonathan, Sarah B., Madison Bell Barry, and Erin Jo Adair.”

The Anderson Award is a peer-awarded accolade that honors employees who exemplify The Co-op Way in their daily actions. These individuals have demonstrated unwavering dedication to their teammates and customers, fostering an inclusive environment where success and open communication can thrive, and have cultivated remarkable relationships with our customers both internal and external resulting in unparalleled experiences that makes us a distinct leader in the outdoor community.