Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management Scholarships
Priority deadlines for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Incoming Freshmen — apply as soon as admitted
- Current NC State Students — February 15
- Transfer Students — apply as soon as admitted
Please keep in mind applications received by these deadlines will receive priority consideration.
We work hard to keep NC State affordable by offering scholarships to incoming students with academic merit or financial needs. Each year, the Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management awards multiple academic scholarships to prospective freshmen and off-campus transfer students. These scholarships are funded through donations from alumni and friends, as well as the timber sale receipts on Natural Resources Foundation properties.
Our scholarships are awarded independently from the university-wide merit scholarship program, the college-wide program and the various federal, state and private programs. To be considered for a departmental scholarship, interested applicants must be enrolled in the Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management as full-time undergraduate students in one of the following majors: Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management or Sport Management including concentrations in Parks and Natural Resources, Program Management, Sustainable Tourism, or PGA Golf Management. We award our scholarships based on academic merit and leadership, but financial need is also considered.
- The minimum standard for incoming high school graduates includes an unweighted grade point average of 3.8 (based on a 4-point scale).
- Transfer students must have a total grade point average of at least 3.3 (based on a 4-point scale).
- Academic scholarships may provide $500 to $5,000 per year.
- Scholarships are awarded in the spring for the following academic year and may be renewed, but are dependent on the competitiveness of the applicant pool.
- Prospective students can apply for departmental, college, and university-wide scholarships here.
- The priority deadline for financial aid applications is February 15. We strongly encourage students to submit their application by the priority deadline so they will be considered for multiple campus and college awards.
Explore Funding Opportunities
Student Assistance and Enrichment Fund
The Student Enrichment Fund provides support for study abroad, research opportunities, entrepreneurial and service projects, professional development programs and more.
Study Abroad Scholarships
Visit the NC State Study Abroad Office to learn more about resources to help fund study abroad experiences.
Support Our Students
Ways to Give
Many of our students rely on the generous support of alumni and friends to help them fulfill their dreams. By supporting our students, donors make a powerful, lasting impact on their time at NC State.
Named and Endowed Scholarships
Donor supported scholarships are available to our students in specific majors. Most are based on academic achievement, professional promise, leadership potential, community and university involvement, and financial need. Thank you to the donors who support the following scholarships.
- Donna Martin Bhatnagar Scholarship
- David and Karen Carter Scholarship Endowment
- The Phillip E. Fleming Endowed Scholarship
- Francis Family Endowed Scholarship
- Jack “Swede” Frauson Sport Management Scholarship
- The Lena Anne Gordon Endowed Scholarship
- R.B. and Irene Jordan Endowed Scholarship
- The Lewis and Susan Ledford Scholarship
- Legends in Giving Scholarship
- Edwin and Letitia Lindsay Sport Management Scholarship
- The J. Harold and Hazel Moses Endowed Scholarship
- PRTM Department Scholarship
- PRTM Department Freshman Scholarship
- PRTM Department Student Success Scholarship
- Phillip S. Rea Endowment for Parks and Recreation
- Winslow, Frauson, Rea Endowed Scholarship
- The Wayne Williamson and Bette Rose Scholarship in Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management
- The Saleeby Family Scholarship Endowment
- Site Solutions Scholarship
- Dr. M. Roger Warren Endowed in Park Management Scholarship
- The Michelle Wells Parks and Recreation Experiential Learning Endowment
- Thomas R. Wells Scholarship
- Steve and Laura White Endowed Scholarship
- Worthington Family Scholarship