Spring Interns Important Dates
- Meet with Mrs. Martha Brown before November 1, 2018
- Submit your Plan of Work and the Agency Agreement Form to Martha Brown no later than January 3, 2019.
Summer Interns Important Dates
- Meet with Martha Brown between February 6, 2019 and March 27, 2019.
- Submit Plan of Work and the Agency Agreement Form to Martha Brown no later than May 4, 2019.
- Mandatory Summer Intern Meeting Dates will be posted in the spring.
Fall Interns Important Dates
- Meet with Martha Brown before May 4, 2019.
- Submit your Plan of Work and the Agency Agreement Form to Martha Brown no later than August 9, 2018.
The student internship is a 10-week (400-hour) experience required of all undergraduate students in the Department of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management at NC State University. Internships provide students with relevant hands-on experiences in program development, administrative procedures, supervision, facility operation, and maintenance.
Internships take place with a variety of agencies (public, private, semi-private, and commercial) where personnel qualified to supervise students are employed and where the program can provide varied and sequential experiences.
Agencies interested in recruiting students from the Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management, or if you have questions, please contact the Internship Coordinator, Martha Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Internship, External Learning Experience & Job Opportunities
Internship Approval Process
Internship Forms & Manuals
PRT292 External Learning Assignments and agreement document
*Note: PGA Golf Management students are required to complete 16 months of internship experience. For information regarding the PGM students’ experience and various locations across the country in which PGM students have worked click here.