- Summer Interns Important Dates
- Meet with Dr. Goode Vick BETWEEN February 6, 2017 and March 27, 2017
- Submit Plan of Work and Internship Agreement to Dr. Goode Vick NO LATER than April 25, 2017
- Mandatory Summer Intern Meetings to discuss policies and procedures. Interns must attend 1 of 3 meetings: April 28th – 9-10am, May 1st – 12-1pm, or May 1st 4-5pm. Sign up here.
- Fall Interns Important Dates
- Meet with Dr. Goode Vick BEFORE April 28, 2017
- Submit Plan of Work and Internship Agreement to Dr. Goode Vick NO LATER than August 17, 2017
The student internship is a 10-week (400-hour) experience required of all undergraduate students in the Department of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management at North Carolina State University. Internships provide students with relevant hands-on experiences in program development, administrative procedures, supervision, facility operation, and maintenance.
Internships take place with a variety of agencies (public, private, semi-private, and commercial) where personnel qualified to supervise students are employed and where the program can provide varied and sequential experiences.
Agencies interested in recruiting students from the Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management, or if you have questions please e-mail the Internship Coordinator, Dr. Candace Goode Vick.
Current Internship, External Learning Experience & Job Opportunities
Internship Approval Process
Internship Forms & Manuals
PRT292 External Learning Assignments and agreement document
*Note: PGA Golf Management students are required to complete 16 months of internship experience. For information regarding the PGM students’ experience and various locations across the country in which PGM students have worked click here.