Do others describe you as outgoing, enthusiastic, creative, people-oriented, savvy, motivated, event planner or problem solver? Do you want to be part of a profession that improves the quality of life for others? If so, then Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management (PRTM) is the perfect place for you! Our unique programs combine relevant class time with hands on field experience and professional faculty and staff that will inspire and prepare you for a career in recreation, tourism, sport, golf and park management.
Is PRTM right for you?
- Are you people focused?
- Are you a proven problem solver?
- Do you have the ability to multi-task?
- Do you demonstrate good time management skills?
- Are you an engaged leader who enjoys volunteering and serving others?
- Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives?
- Are you interested in developing new ways of engaging people in healthy activities that are accessible to everyone?
- Would you like to be involved with developing methods and technology to grow and sustain recreation, tourism, sport and the local economy, while protecting our environment?
- Would you like to develop models or methods to evaluate economic or ecological impact of recreation, sport or tourism?