University of California, Irvine. Ph.D. 2009
- Social Ecology
Wofford College, Spartanburg, SC. B.S. 2000
Current Research Interests
- How, where, and why our public built environments impact health behaviors such as physical activity and recreation.
- Use of emerging technologies and crowdsourcing to study the interaction between built environments and community health behaviors.
- Understanding and improving spatial uncertainty in built environment and physical activity research.
- How programs such as Open Streets and Ciclovias help activate public built environments and potentially increase healthy and sustainable behaviors.
- The effect of the environment where we spend most of our time (work/school and sleep) on leisure time physical activity.
Recent Courses Taught
- PRT 504: Data Management and Evaluation in Parks, Recreation Tourism & Sport
- The impact of worksite supports for healthy eating on dietary behaviors (2016)
- ParkIndex: Development of a standardized metric of park access for research and planning (2016)
- Adaptation and evaluation of the Neighborhood Environment Walkability Scale in India (NEWS-India) (2016)
- Which worksite supports for healthy weight do employees use? (2016)
- Networks of collaboration among scientists in a center for diabetes translation research (2015)