Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina. Ph.D. 2000
- Tourism Marketing
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio. M.Ed. 1997
- Sport Management
Universidade Técnica de Lisboa, Lisbo, Portugal. Licenciatura 1995
- Physical Education, Recreation, and Sports Management
Current Research Interests
- People-First Tourism: Social-entrepreneurship; IT 4 change; poverty; one health; community-based conservation
- Sustainable Community Development Through Tourism: community well-being and self-determination; endogenous community development; health and human development.
- Relationship Marketing: loyal customer relationships; brand communities; eco-marketing
Recent Courses Taught
- Sustainable tourism
- Tourism foundations
- Deconstructing tourism (graduate)
Morais, D. B. (2011). Self-determination, human development and tourism entrepreneurship. Presentation at Sparking Social Change Through Design panel seminar, April, Harvard Graduate School of Design, Boston.
Morais, D. B. (2010). Subjective well-being and self-determination in CBNRM and non-CBNRM communities in namibia. Presentation at the Turismo em Meio Insular Africano Seminar, June, Centro de Estudos Africanos, ICTE, Lisbon, Portugal.
Morais, D. B. (2009). Subjective well-being and self-determination among indigenous people involved in community-based wildlife tourism in Namibia’s Kunene region. Presentation at the Coffee Hour seminar, Department of Geography, University Park, PA.
- Recreational sports event participants' attitudes and satisfaction: cross-cultural comparisons between runners in Japan and the USA (2016)
- Power, altruism and communitarian tourism: A comparative study (2016)
- Women's self-determination in cooperative tourism microenterprises (2016)
- Wildlife conservation through tourism microentrepreneurship among Namibian communities (2015)
- Initial development and validation of the global citizenship scale (2011)
- Structural location and reputed influence in state reading policy issue networks (2010)