Premium Email Generator
Training and information for CNR Premium Email Generator users
The College of Natural Resources subscribes to the NC State Premium Email Generator. In spring 2022, the Email Generator was updated to the Gutenberg block editor and a number of upgraded features were added.
- To sign in to the CNR Premium Email Generator account, go to: https://email.web.ncsu.edu/cnr-comms/wp-admin/
- Sign in using your Unity ID. (Only select communicators in the college have access to the Premium Email Generator. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.)
- The link to the previous version of the Email Generator will not take you to the upgraded version.
- The university also provides a free version of the Email Generator, which has fewer features and is accessed through another unique link without /cnr-comms/ in the URL. This account is not the same as our Premium Email Generator and does not have the same features.
- When you sign in to our unique premium account, you will see CNR Comms in the top left. This will confirm you are in the correct account.
Sunsetting of the Classic Email Generator
With the introduction of the updated Email Generator, current users of the platform will have a limited amount of time to continue using the classic version of the Email Generator. University Communications will begin sunsetting the classic platform, as follows:
- Current users will continue to have full access to the classic version of the Email Generator until June 1, 2022. This includes the ability to create new emails and access old emails.
- After June 1, users will only be able to access old emails on the old platform. They will not be able to create new emails. Emails hosted on the classic version of the Email Generator will be available until September 9, 2022.
Tutorials and Documentation
University Communications provides tutorials and documentation for the Premium Email Generator.
Most users in the College of Natural Resources are considered editors. Editors have access to a number of pre-made email configurations, including:
- Single column announcement email
- Basic Bulletin-style newsletter
- Speaker series announcement
- Event announcement
When building your newsletter, invitation, etc, in the Premium Email Generator, be sure to click on the footer of your draft and select Emma as the “sender” in the fields on the right under “block”. Learn more about sending your email with Emma.