Professional Development Opportunities
Continuing Education Training Programs
- ProNR programs include all accredited professional continuing education training events for working professionals in forestry, soils, landscape architecture, wildlife biology, water quality, forest hydrology, aboriculture and forest ecosystems fields.
- The Southeastern Prescribed Fire Online Training Course prepares participants to conduct a prescribed forest burn. This general knowledge course is the first step for state certification courses.
- Stay current on forestry challenges and industry trends with Forestry and Natural Resource Webinars.
- Check out some of the upcoming Extension Forestry events.
Youth Educational Outreach
It’s important to encourage interest in the environment, sustainability and natural resource careers for the future generation of industry professionals. Discover our educational outreach programs for youth in grades K-12, as well as adults that work with youth these ages.
- The 4-H Forestry and Wildlife program helps youth in 4-H learn about natural resource management and careers through the Wildlife Habitat Education Program, the state Forestry Contest, presentations, and project record books.
- The Project Learning Tree (PLT) program provides professional development for educators working with pre-K to grade-12 students. PLT sets the standard for environmental education excellence by teaching students how to think, not what to think, about complex environmental issues.
- The Forest to Classroom (F2C) program connects classroom educators with forest resources in North Carolina. From Sharing What Works to Collaborative Problem Solving, this program gives teachers tools for success.