Gustavo uses geospatial analytics to map the spread of infectious diseases and forecast disease emergence. He develops epidemiological tools to investigate the occurrence and spread of animal infectious diseases, providing science-based support for decision-making about prevention and control. Interests include transboundary disease epidemiology, swine health and disease modeling and surveillance.
- Physiological changes in the adenosine deaminase activity, antioxidant and inflammatory parameters in pregnant cows and at post-partum (2018)
- Metaphylactic effect of minerals on the immune response, biochemical variables and antioxidant status of newborn calves (2018)
- Homeopathic treatment as an alternative prophylactic to minimize bacterial infection and prevent neonatal diarrhea in calves (2018)
- Changes of adenosinergic system in piglets fed a diet co-contaminated by for mycotoxin and their effects on the regulation of adenosine (2018)
- Mineralization in newborn calves contributes to health, improve the antioxidant system and reduces bacterial infections (2018)
- Identifying individual animal factors associated with Mycobacterium avium subsp paratuberculosis (MAP) milk ELISA positivity in dairy cattle in the Midwest region of the United States (2018)