The strategic vision of the Center for Geospatial Analytics is shaped by an interdisciplinary group of forward-thinking faculty, staff and community partners, led by director Ross Meentemeyer and his team of associate directors.
Our diverse leadership leverage unique expertise to build a community who strives to push the boundaries of geospatial thinking. The Center’s Steering Committee oversees Center operations, providing strategic direction and ensuring that all programs, policies and procedures are aligned with the Center’s mission.
- Ross Meentemeyer, Director
- Helena Mitasova, Associate Director of Earth and Environmental Sciences Applications
- Eric Money, Associate Director of Educational Innovation
- Raju Vatsavai, Associate Director of GeoAI and Computational Science Applications
- Aaron Hipp, Associate Director of Social and Behavioral Science Applications
- Zac Arcaro, Assistant Director of Operations
- Mirela Tulbure, Faculty Fellow
- Rachel Kasten, University Program Associate
- Georgina Sanchez, Research Associate
- Megan Skrip, Science Communicator
Ross Meentemeyer, Raju Vatsavai and Mirela Tulbure joined NC State as part of the Chancellor’s Faculty Excellence Program cluster in Geospatial Analytics. As the hub for the cluster, the Center serves as a go-to place for interdisciplinary solutions to complex problems. The Center’s Steering Committee is also supported by an External Advisory Board that provides valuable input and guidance.